Saturday, May 21, 2016

Reaper (Boston Underworld, #2)

Reaper (Boston Underworld, #2)
By A. Zaverelli

SUMMARY
Sasha.

He’s dark and mysterious. Quiet and lethal.
An Irish mobster.
Pure sin wrapped up in a beautiful package.
But there’s also something off about him.
He doesn’t feel anything. He shows no emotions.
Sometimes I question his humanity.
He hasn’t spoken to me in two years. Not a single word.
But we share a secret, he and I.
And if it ever comes out, I have no doubt in my mind…
He won’t have a problem killing me too.

Ronan.
I’ve slain for her. I’ll do it again.
When it comes to Sasha, there isn’t a line I won’t cross.
I watch her. She doesn’t know it.
She thinks I hate her. Sometimes, I think I might too.
But I’m always there, lurking in the shadows.
Craving her. Trying to keep the beast within at bay.
I’ll keep her safe. I’ll slaughter anyone who tries to hurt her.
The only thing I can’t do… is protect her from myself.
 

REVIEW

Wow just WOW!!

This book was GREAT! It was so sad and dark at times I didn't think I could get through it, but I emerged on the other side to the sun!!

This picks up where the first book left off with Sasha and Ronan. They have each had there share of heartache, abuse, and violence. Ronan's suffering way out weighs any character I think I have ever read. The development of him as a character was outstanding and you could relate to everything even though you couldn't understand why anyone would ever do those things to a child. His oddities and mannerisms are explained to the hilt. He is a killer, but a killer for the right reasons, if there is such a saying. Because I know a lot of people will read this and say how can you not look at all the things he did and hate him. Deep down you just know he is a good guy, the author let you see the good in him and the reasons and it justified everything.  In an ironic twist he tries to get help from somewhere that should give it and instead it tries to hurt him more. If you are with Ronan you are as safe as you can be and heck I would want to be on that side of him. 

I love Sasha because she excepts Ronan for who he is and tries to understand him and love him. I love her line of how she doesn't want to change who he is and she never wants him to change for her. She loves him with depth and understanding. WOW! She has been through a great deal too and Ronan her guardian angel is always there.

GREAT GREAT second book!!! I hope there is a next one.

Received an ARC from the author for a honest review!

No comments:

Post a Comment