Thursday, June 16, 2016

Her Highland Rouge (Wild Highland Guardian, #1)

Her Highland Rouge (Wild Highland Guardian, #1)
By Violetta Rand

SUMMARY
Errol MacRae’s days of gallivanting across the Highlands are nearing an end. His father’s health has taken a turn for the worse, and rumors are swirling that the crown intends to transfer ancient lands into the hands of the MacKenzies, the clan the MacRaes are sworn to defend. Errol expects to lead his men into battle soon. So he isn’t pleased when his father instead sends him to retrieve a beautiful flame-haired lass who has fled into the mountains.

Orphaned as a young girl, Aileana vividly remembers how the MacRaes rescued her and welcomed her into their clan. For ten years, she has served them loyally—until the night she’s nearly despoiled by one of the laird’s captains. Aileana risks her life and her reputation to seek refuge in the snowcapped peaks of the Five Sisters, the one place that has always felt like home. But after the strong-armed, strong-willed Errol tracks her down in a blizzard, she finds herself tempted to risk something even more dangerous: her heart.
 

REVIEW
read.

Much better then the other time period book I read from this author. I loved her contemporary books so I tried another historical romance by her.

I liked it it had a twist that I haven't read before. I did guess the secret reveal...well part of it. The Aileana description reminded me of the character from Brave! She was a tad wimpy but seemed to find her voice along the way.

Errol was hot and sexy. A tad in love with himself, but what man isn't. It was kinda insta-love or it was in front of my face and I never saw it love. It happened really fast. Errol did take advantage of Aileana in some sense. I am glad I didn't live back then with no choices.

Good read nothing serious or soul wrenching and that is ok!


Received an ARC from the publisher through NetGalley for a honest review.

No comments:

Post a Comment