Wednesday, August 24, 2016

Ghost ( Boston Underworld, #3)

Ghost (Boston Underworld, #3)
By A. Zavarelli

SUMMARY
Talia.
I have always been a bird. Caged by one prison or another when the only thing I ever wanted was to fly away.
Sold. Beaten. Starved. Drugged.
Nothing scares me anymore.
Until him.
He makes the numbness go away.
He is hazardous to me. It has nothing to do with his mafia lifestyle, and everything to do with what he offers.
A gilded prison.
A retreat from everything that I once knew. The reality I have no desire to return to.
He thinks he’s caged me, but soon…
I’m going to fly.

Alexei.
I live by a code. The Vory code.
In this mafiya world, there are traditions.
Expectations.
She does not care for these things. She does not care about anything.
She thinks she has me fooled with her haunted eyes.
What she can’t know is that I see her better than most.
She wants to fly.
But I’m going to clip her wings.
And make her my wife.
 


REVIEW
I guess 4 1/2 starts.... so conflicted.

What an emotional roller coaster. I still haven't gotten off the rush of the book yet. I wanted to give it 5 stars, but after all the couple went through the end seemed to just be rushed. It was total turmoil and then BAM it was done. It kinda rubbed me the wrong way.

This is a very graphic dark story. Bad things happen and some of it just seems unbearable at times and down right depressing, but you read on to see what would happen. I was up all night reading even when I knew I had to get up for work. I could not put it down, I had to see what was going to happen.

Talia.... sigh.... why does so much terrible things have to happen to one person. I felt so bad for her and at times I just wanted her put out of her misery wondering what she really had to live for. Alexei at times was so cruel to her I couldn't comprehend why he was so cruel. He could never really give her want she needed and that was love unconditional love. The author was so talented that when he told her he could never love her, I felt that emotion from her and I just wanted to throw up because of the disappointment and anguish expressed. I know Alexei's issues are the cause of it, but it just was down right cruel. At times you just wanted them to not be together, because they were both their own worst enemies. I hate that she always got betrayed no matter what happened. How sad that you don't trust because you always know it will end.

Alexei.... argh..... sometimes I just wanted to reach through my iPad and kill him. He was just as messed up, but i don't think as damaged as Talia. He was more messed up mentally while Talia was both messed up mentally and physically. He irritated me that he played with her in his own way too and at times was worse then the captors that raped and beat her. He would show how much he cared and lure her in then BAM crush her within a second later. Then he would say he knew he would crush her and he was no good for her. I can't believe what he does at the end to think that with everything Talia did and said he did what he did. It was almost unforgivable and in a way I am glad she did what she did to make him hurt. He deserved it and more.

This book will not be for everyone and again I wanted to give 5 stars, but the ending folded up too nicely and easily for me.

I received a ARC from the author for a honest review. Thank you Ms. Zavarelli. 


No comments:

Post a Comment