Friday, September 29, 2023

Hunting the Truth

 

Hunting the Truth by Kathleen Donnelly

 

 

Summary:

“Hide, Maya. Don’t let the bad people find you.”

Those are the last words Forest Service law enforcement officer and K-9 handler Maya Thompson ever heard her mother say.

Returning to the Colorado mountains, ex-soldier Maya is no longer a scared little girl. She’s here to investigate her mother’s cold case, but fear creeps in when it comes to her personal life—things are getting serious with sheriff deputy Josh Colten.

After new DNA evidence surfaces, both her beloved grandfather and Josh warn her away from the case, suspecting that she could be the next victim. But Maya doesn’t listen.

Instead, Maya and her K-9 partner, Juniper, track a suspect deep into the forest and directly into grave danger…

 

Review: 5-Star

Over the passed few years most of the mysteries I’ve read we not up to par, with what I expect out of a good mystery, and this was the best by far.  I don’t’ give many 5-star reviews because most books seem to have editorial problems or something wrong within the story line.  Kathleen captured me from the very first page and I couldn’t put the book down until I finished it. Stayed up until the sun was raising the following morning. One of the best books I’ve read so far this year. I know need to go back and ready Chasing Justice. I just found a new Author to look forward to her books coming out. I honestly can’t say enough about the book except it’s a true page turner and once you start reading you don’t want to quit.

 

I got this book for free from NetGalley for my honest review.

 

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment