Tuesday, December 5, 2023

Double Take by Lynette Eason

 

Double Take by Lynette Eason

 

Summary:

Detective James Cross has been honorably discharged from the Army Criminal Investigation Division due to wounds sustained when an IED blew up near him. Now with the Lake City Police Department, he's rooming with this good buddy and partner, Cole, while he figures out his family dynamics.

Physician Assistant Lainie Jackson is eighteen months out from an attempted murder perpetrated by her ex, which ended when she managed to grab the weapon and shoot him. When he appears to have survived and is back to finish the job he started, Lainie insists it's not possible. But someone keeps trying to kill her, and she keeps seeing his face.

Together, Lainie and James must work together to find out who, exactly, is after her and why he wants her dead. And failure is not an option.

 

Review: 5=Star

Wow, just Wow… I read this story in one sitting I couldn’t put the book down didn’t want to miss a thing. My Kindle powered down and I looked at the clock it was way past the time for me to be able to go get more feed for my horses and I had to feed horses in the dark, but I put my Kindle on the charger and came back inside to finish the book about 1 am. I’ve struggled to find faith-based thrillers. Most are missing that spark that keeps you reading, but this one from the very first page to the last page kept me reading. The flow was perfect and the character development was spot on.  They felt so real and the writer put me right there I could picture everything in my head.  I look forward to reading more from this author just found myself another author to follow.

I received this book from NetGalley for my honest review

No comments:

Post a Comment