Saturday, August 22, 2015

Slate (Breaking the Declan Brothers, #2)

Slate (Breaking the Declan Brothers, #2)
By Kelly Gendron

SUMMARY
"Some boys will keep it, some will break it, and some boys, they just won't want it. You gotta be careful who you give your heart to..." Slate Declan

First loves, we all got them. Mine is Slate Declan. He was kind, gentle, and caring. Still, he managed to break my heart. So I put miles between us, and eventually, my heart healed. 
I haven’t seen Slate in years, but a couple friends and I are going back to the Bayou for the summer. While I’m visiting my hometown, I’m going to look up Slate Declan. And I plan to break his heart, just as he did mine. I'll remind him of what he has lost, and then I'll prove to him that I’ve moved on. 
It should be real easy, right?
Well, let me tell you, Slate Declan is not the same guy that I left behind. And there’s another problem. How do you break someone’s heart when they no longer have one?

REVIEW

Received a copy from NetGalley for a honest review

I loved this book and could not put it down. It was very realistic and believable. I got very irritated with Mr. Slate! Being an addict is something I have difficulty dealing with and I always say we say what we really feel when we are mad or stressed! He was very hateful at first, but he got it together and turned into the heart felt person he was. The hotness between Rayna and Slate was beyond hot! It was shower inducing! The hero all dominant and dirty talking is a big plus! The story had a great pace not too fast not too slow. I wasn't lost because I didn't read the first one, but it would help a little. I want to read the third for sure and I will go read the first. I am lost in the world of the Declan brothers! The author had me at hello! This is so worth the time to read. Awesome read!

No comments:

Post a Comment