Saturday, December 19, 2015

Sutherland's Secret (Highland Pride, #1)

Sutherland's Secret (Highland Pride, #1)
By Sharon Cullen

SUMMARY
Terror reigns in the aftermath of the Battle of Culloden. As British troops obliterate the last traces of the Jacobite cause, Brice Sutherland, the Earl of Dornach, risks everything to arrange a covert escape route to Canada for his fellow Scots. But when he encounters a dying Englishwoman, hauntingly beautiful though scarred by manacles and unable to speak, Brice’s true courage is put to the test. Nothing but ruin could result from helping her, or worse: falling in love.

The pampered daughter of a marquess, Eleanor Hirst was the talk of the London season when she wed the Earl of Glendale. Little did she know that his posting as an officer in Scotland would be their undoing. Now her husband is dead and Eleanor is a fugitive in a hostile country. Desperate for help, she throws herself on the mercy of Brice Sutherland, a handsome Scottish warrior who should be her enemy. Instead, he cares for her tenderly, reviving her shattered spirit—and awakening urges unlike any she’s ever known.
 

REVIEW

5 Great Stars!

What a great read! I really loved this book! It was suspenseful, dramatic, action filled, and sexy as hell! I couldn't put it down, but had to clean the house before I went on vacation so it took me a tad longer to read, or I would have vegetated on the couch till I was done! 

I loved Eleanor! She was a wonderful heroine and her character growth was wonderful! Brice was a sexy Scot rivaling my love for Jamie Fraser! He was strong brave and honor bound! Yet vulnerable and so very loving at the same time! 

Great book and I am sure I will be reading more from this author!

Received a ARC from NetGalley for a honest review!

No comments:

Post a Comment