Saturday, February 13, 2016

Exquisite Trouble (Iron Horse MC, #1)

Exquisite Trouble (Iron Horse MC, #1)
By Ann Mayburn

SUMMARY
Before I met Smoke I'd never been kissed, really kissed, by a man, let alone a biker sex god bent on taking my virginity and my heart. 

I got dragged into the deadly world of the Iron Horse MC by my crazy twin sister who is engaged to the club's President and even crazier mom who only cares about herself. Smoke has been assigned by the club to keep me safe even though he's everything that I should be afraid of. He's the kind of man who lives by his own rules and does whatever he wants whenever he wants, but he treats me like I'm something rare and precious, not a socially dysfunctional basket case who has no idea how to love, but needs him more than her next breath. 

Not that my feelings matter, because if we don't find my mother soon, the only thing I'll have to be worried about is who is going to kill me first.

REVIEW

Meh, not sure how I feel about this. It felt like it had more sex then anything else. I get upset when the female lead has valid points to be upset or get some separation from the male lead and he just sexs her up and she forgets and forgives everything. That just makes her entirely weak and I don't have any respect for her at all. I got to the point there was soon much sex I skipped hoping to get a story in there some where. I just felt he disrespected her in so many ways I got to the point where I really didn't like him at all. 

What an F-ed up family she belongs to and what a weak reason to abuse her the way they did. WEAK! I am also confused how this is the first book, but the others are already published. The book started off great thus the 3 stars instead of two, but then YUK. Then the author just had to randomly put in D/s stuff that just didn't fit in so she can keep up with the fad of having it in a book now a days. And then the autistic crap...REALLY!? Ok just not buying it. Why not hit all the buzz topics!?

I received an ARC from NetGalley for an honest review. Glad I did because I would have felt like crap if I bought it


No comments:

Post a Comment