Sunday, February 7, 2016

Zeke (Breaking the Declan Brothers, #3)

Zeke (Breaking the Declan Brothers, #3)
By Kelly Gendron

SUMMARY
“Some guys call, some date, and some guys, they might even get married. But, sweetheart, I ain’t any of those guys...” ~ Zeke Declan

Every girl in Galveston County knows about Zeke Declan’s rules and has agreed to them or is considering them.
Rule #1 Don’t call him. He’ll call you.
Rule #2 He doesn’t date.
Rule #3 No sleepovers.
Rule #4 Absolutely, no virgins.

When a couple friends talk me into going back to their hometown in the Bayou for the summer and challenge me to break “the best damn lay in Galveston County” along with every single one of his ridiculous rules, I’m confident that I can get the job done. I’m no stranger to men. I have five older brothers. I’m a teacher and I’m used to being around rebellious teenagers. However, Zeke Declan is definitely not someone that I could have prepared for. He’s not a testosterone-fueled, immature boy. He’s a confident, arousing, playful, and mind-melting man. But, behind that sexy charming smile, I know he’s hiding a secret. And, in order to break him, I’m going to need to find out what it is..


REVIEW
This is a good book. I really enjoyed it and it was a great finish to the Declan brothers. I was a tad shocked about the ending...I mean it turned out like I thought but not really. I don't want to give away the end so I can't explain.

If you wanted the hot sex the other stories had it really isn't there. It is more story then that. There is a great deal of hurt and tragedy in this book. I would have given it five stars, but the guilt and the trauma does not go away with one telling of the story. Zeke needs so serious therapy and he has to let his brothers know. I wish the author would have gotten into all of those issues, but she didn't. I think it would have been a better story and her book could help others to show you can overcome. The author touched on drug abuse in the last book and I think she should have addressed this issue too.

It was a touching book. Good read, but could have been great.

Received an ARC from the publisher and NetGalley for a honest review.

No comments:

Post a Comment