Thursday, April 14, 2016

Sexy Beast (Gypsy Heroes, #1)

Sexy Beast (Gypsy Heroes, #1)
By Georgia Le Carre

SUMMARY
Layla Eden
He's forbidden and everything I should loathe in a man. Arrogant, foul-mouthed, inked, a bare-knuckle fighter, thinks he’s God’s gift to women, and yet … one look into his magnetic eyes and I am doing crazy things I've never imagined doing.

I tell myself just one taste — what harm can it do?

But what happens if one taste is not enough…

Billy Joe Pilkington
She's the hottest girl I know, and I've been lusting for her since I was old enough to fuck, but she's also a spoiled little fucking princess who swoons about the place like she's something special.

She wasn't so high and mighty after her first lesson on my knees.

Well I’ve got news for her — I'm gonna kick down her walls, strip away the façade, and take what I want. And this time I'll keep what's mine...
 

REVIEW
Not sure how I feel about this one. It had a different angle then the others I have read by this author. We get the forbidden love aspect but then it morphs into something quite different.

Layla and BJ get together after the can't control their attraction and kinda humiliate each other. She doesn't want to tell her family, it gets all twisted then bam it is out there and bam she is pregnant. I don't remember ever reading when they had sex that they didn't use birth control, but whatever. There was no warning to the reader that she was it just was thrown out there. To me there was just something missing etween them, they didn't light my fire with their chemistry and interactions. I just couldn't really buy into them as a couple. Then there was that incident on their honeymoon, stupid and hurtful to each other but they do it anyway.

Then there is a health issue. And all the emotions that go along with her choice come out. The author does a great job expressing the whole range and I liked that part. Every opinion that would possible be out there was addressed. I know what happened to her could happen and has happened, but it was a stretch for me. I know not my call and the author does state at the end that the opposite happens more regularly. So I have to pull back my judgement there.

It is ok...not a bad read, but not as fantastic and spell binding as what I have read by this author previously. I will keep reading the series. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment