Friday, July 24, 2015

His Captive Mortal

His Captive Mortal
By Renee Rose

SUMMARY:
When a young special education teacher unwittingly attracts the attention of a strange man on her late night walk home, she winds up with a supernatural guest she can’t evict. For some reason, Charlie, the dominant immortal believes she is of fairy descent and has magical powers. He demands her complete submission and cooperation, refusing to free her until she promises to help him. 

Charlie sees the power in Sasha and believes she has the ability to undo the curse placed on him by a jealous lover one hundred years before. He also loves toying with the feisty mortal, doling out humiliating punishments while arousing a lust in her that leaves them both hungry for satisfaction. 

His habit of emotional detachment crumbles as he falls for Sasha, yet when he discovers she carries a secret that relates to his past, the betrayal nearly destroys him. He must decide whether he can ever trust a woman, or give into instinct and walk away from what might be his only chance at love and redemption. 

**This book was previously released as Loose Morals by Darling Adams. It has been edited for re-release** 

Publishers Note: This book contains elements of BDSM including spanking, bondage and erotic sex scenes.

REVIEW:

Revived a copy from NetGalley for an honest review

Ok I picked this because I work with special needs kids and wanted to see how the main character would be portrayed. I love vampires and I can get down with some D/s stuff. I thought this would be the perfect read; well I was sadly mistaken. I could not finish the book. I was turned off from the beginning when Charlie keeps spanking Sasha. Ok I am up for sensual spanking and some punishment, but this just seems like he was abusing her. I know he wanted her help, but there was so many other ways of asking. He just ramroded her and she just caved. I wish writers would write a submissive woman with some backbone and not a piece of carpet to wipe your feet on. I couldn't get past this and could not get into the story, total bust. 

No comments:

Post a Comment