Friday, April 1, 2016

That Thing Between Eli & Gwen

That Thing Between Eli & Gwen
By JJ McAvoy

SUMMARY
Eli Davenport thinks he’s found the perfect woman to be his wife. She’s a doctor, like he is. She’s brilliant, like he is. And she’s wealthy, like he is.

Guinevere 'Gwen' Poe thinks her fiancĂ© is the perfect man. He’s handsome, successful and he was her first…

But when Eli’s bride runs off with Gwen’s fiancĂ©e on his wedding day, they are left to pick up the broken pieces of each other...
 


REVIEW
I really wanted to give this 5 stars I loved it I devoured this book until I was done and then I got to the end.

The end just ruined it for me. I felt that the end had too much drama, it seemed unnecessary and not needed. Just a plot twist that was there for no real reason to me except to hurt everyone. I felt there are too many unresolved issues and I think in the real world Gwen is so right about what is going to happen between them and that picture is in my mind and I can't reconcile with the end. To me the ending was a tad unrealistic.

I mean in the last 3 chapters Gwen found out her friend was hiding things and didn't rely on her and that Eli didn't real see reality for what it had become, he just wanted her no matter what pain she was going to go through...almost like he was selfish. A great departure from him. I felt their discussion at the airport and at the apartment didn't settle anything and felt it was glossed over. I felt her talk with her friend the same way. Gwen gets constantly hammered by those she loves and it is quite sad....

I am sooo disappointed it almost makes me upset. I lived and breathed this book and I was totally let down :(

I love this author and have read her for a long time...back when she wrote FF. She is so talented and I hate that I didn't love her ending. You all might not feel that way so please read it is a great story and wraps you up in its own little world till you are done. 

I received an ARC from the publisher through NetGalley

No comments:

Post a Comment