Friday, June 3, 2016

The Billionaire Bachelor (Billionaire Bad Boys #1)

The Billionaire Bachelor (Billionaire Bad Boys #1)
By Jessica Lemmon

SUMMARY
Indecent Proposal

Manwhore. That's what the board of directors-and the tabloids-thinks of billionaire bachelor Reese Crane. Ordinarily he couldn't care less, but his playboy past is preventing the board from naming him CEO of Crane Hotels. Nothing-and no one-will keep him from his life's legacy. They want a settled man to lead the company? Then that's exactly what he'll give them.

Merina Van Heusen will do anything to get her parents' funky boutique hotel back-even marry cold-as-ice-but-sexy-as-hell Reese Crane. It's a simple business contract-six months of marriage, absolute secrecy, and the Van Heusen is all hers again. But when sparks fly between them, their passion quickly moves from the boardroom to the bedroom. And soon Merina is living her worst nightmare: falling in love with her husband . . .
 

REVIEW
I would say 4 1/2 stars. I didn't think I would like this at all when I started and I was pleasantly surprised when it picked up and I couldn't put it down. I almost looked ahead to see what would happen because I couldn't wait.

It started off cliche at first and I was like I have so read this kind of story before, but then I started really liking Merina. She is a complex woman with great intelligence and witty one liners! She had her heart broken, but was springing back. I loved her passion for life and her no excuse answers. She was vulnerable too and I think that is what made her so real and likable. Fantastic character!

Reese took a great deal to like. He is such an emo! I thought Edward Cullen was emo, Reese has nothing on him at all. Yes he has had heartache and tragedy in his life, but he just doesn't know how to handle it at all. He is always inside his head and making choices without consulting the person the choices were about and shutting down his true feelings. Cold hearted at times and bitter about life. Blind to see how good he had it and continuing to live in the past. Emo!!!!! Thank goodness Merina shakes his life up!

Great sweet read! I enjoyed it. I would definitely like to read about Reese's brother Tag in the next book.

Recieved an ARC from the publisher through NetGalley for a honest review.

No comments:

Post a Comment